Is there any way to prevent (read escape) the daily craziness that is getting children out the door to school? I swear one minute before the time we are supposed to leave, one of my children is putting on his socks just so, the other is doing ninja kicks at the face of that child and one is screaming and crying. By the end of it all, everyone is screaming and crying and kicking. I'm usually yelling out the door and/or helping someone to the car. I'm sure we are really impressing everyone in our new neighborhood.
Also, Thomas has had a ringworm rash on his leg for the last two weeks and we've been putting on lotion but now I need to call the doctor again. He told me this morning, "I think my ringworm is going away because I haven't eaten any boogers for a week". Yes, he is keeping track.
After school drop-off, I was so stressed out I went to the club for spinning class. The instructor mades an announcement about the first triathlon in the area in Cherry Creek State Park with proceeds going to adaptive recreation for children with disabilities. Came home, still stressed, made myself a cup of tea and here was the message on the tea bag:
The universe is definitely reminding me to pay attention and do something positive instead of caving into the morning craziness day-after-day. Time to attempt another triathlon? Possibly, but more importantly, just accepting sometimes you just have to put on your socks just so or pretend to kick someone in the face or have a complete fit and not take it personally. If I just accept it, will I stop thinking about getting a full-time job?
share this on:: |
Digg |

