nostalgia

Tuesday, April 26

I think every time I struggle to understand the "why" of a situation, I succumb to nostalgia.  I don't remember the exact details but just the rosy hued version of it all.

This rosy version won't serve anyone well tomorrow, but I did spend the afternoon working on an album of Henry's birth.  It is the first album I've done for our family in four years.  You know how people joke about the fact that the third child doesn't even have a baby book?  Well, not only does Henry not have a baby book, but I don't have an album of pictures to document this time in our lives.

Looking over the pictures, I realize how much we loved our last home, how tiny Parker and Thomas were, how beautiful Henry was when he was first born, how I was so excited to have a family of three boys.  It cracks me up to see the photos of the boys because Parker wore that extra small cowboy vest for a month straight.  It was his way of coping with a new brother.  It was darling because it also reminded me of how he reacted to the birth of Thomas.  The day after we brought Thomas home, Parker woke up very early and sat alone putting a puzzle together.

It makes me happy to see it all again.  I haven't looked at these pictures for quite awhile.   I think photos help keep things in perspective.

I wish I could share these photos, but the book is not quite ready.  For now, just a few... but once my first book of non-film based photos is ready, I plan to share it with all who are interested.

Terrified about tomorrow but send a huge thanks to all who have sent such kind messages my way.













share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 26. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply