happiness

Wednesday, April 13

I checked out a book from the library a few weeks ago called "The Happiness Project" with all good intentions of reading it.  I never got around to it so back it went into the library bag to return.  For some reason it fell out of my bag in the car and I discovered it after making the library run.

I opened the book randomly and read this one sentence.

"The days are long, but the years are short".

This one sentence sums up how I've been feeling lately.

Over the course of eight years,  I've had many long days with the kids after which I am thankful everyone is still alive.  However, I can remember clearly almost the entire first month after Parker was born.  Eight years later... they're all in school... where did all of this time with the kids being really little go?

I'm renewing the book.  I need a self-help book like this.

Especially because my eldest is lost and looks lost in these photos.  This move has been the toughest on him.  These are photos in the span of about 10 minutes with him looking for things to do, making a pirate flag for his box fort downstairs and then looking outside for friends.

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 13. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply