The whole idea of making your luck involves being open to new ideas and experiences and going with the flow. Lucky people see what is there, rather than trying to find what they want to see.
In this spirit, I intended to surprise the kids today after school by going to the Children's Museum. I find it very hard to escape the two mile bubble around any place I live. I always like to shake it up a bit, so I picked up the kids from school and told them I was taking them someplace as a surprise.
Their guesses were Chuck E. Cheese, Pump It Up, a movie, or the skate park. I then realized about ten minutes into the drive that I had left my billfold at home. Instead of getting flustered, rushing home and rushing back out, I asked the kids what they wanted to do.
Taking things as they came today made everyone in our family much happier. If I need to escape the bubble, I can always do it when they're in school tomorrow.
share this on:: |
Digg |

