storms

Wednesday, May 25

For May 23rd...

May in Colorado has been very stormy.  It has rained at least once a day for awhile it seems and likewise, my children have been very temperamental.

Our walk to school, a walk that should take only 5 minutes tops, actually took 20 this morning, all due to tantrums.  I'm not naming names, but it was an embarrassing walk because my children aren't yet at the age when they change behavior based on the people surrounding them.  Maybe they just don't care, but the neighbors got a show.

Henry has been throwing fits as well.  I've been trying to practice what I did with my other children when they had tantrums and tell him when he is done throwing his fit, I'll come back.   I usually leave the room but stay close enough to peek in.  This morning, Henry had a full-blown, back-arching, throwing-himself-all-over the place fit that went on for five minutes.  When he was done, he calmed quickly, but I see the toddler tantrums becoming more frequent.

So many tantrums.  I'm overwhelmed by the emotions.  I keep reminding myself to not have a fit myself.

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 25. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply