picture in my head

Wednesday, May 25

For May 24th-

I have a picture in my head today.  One I wished I had taken or if I had taken it, one I wish I could find.  It is of a 4 1/2 year old Thomas taking clumps of peonies from our garden and running down the sidewalk to deliver them to our neighbors.  I remember standing on the sidewalk watching him run for house to house and thinking as long as I live, I will never forget this.  It was just truly beautiful.  Minutes before he told me that when he grew up, he wanted to deliver flowers for me and go to Target for me so I could stay home to take care of Henry.

Today was Thomas' last day of kindergarten and I have to admit it made me terribly sad.  I've loved having him home with me.  The last six years have been magical and I will miss him more than I can say when he is at school full-time starting in July.


share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 25. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply