Last day of school for the boys (Parker and Thomas). Last night, Henry tripped over something in the hallway and this morning could not bear weight on his right foot.
After trying his shoes, barefoot, all sorts of combinations, I realized he had broken something in his leg. I was in a massive amount of denial as I was trying to get him to wear his shoes/ bear weight on his leg in Target. I just kept thinking, this is not happening.
My two oldest kids are on a year-round calendar and in a month, they're back in school. Just in time for Henry to get a cast off his leg...
So, I pulled Parker out of school and went to the Children's Hospital in Parker, CO. I have to say an emergency room specifically for children is a luxury. However, the appointment did take 3 hours. At the end, it was determined Henry had a "toddler fracture", a hairline break in his leg.
I was miserable after this appointment. It was not because of Henry, however, but because of Parker and Thomas... All of the doctor's appointments I've ever taken them to came to mind. They actually both licked the floor at the vet's office. They also both abhor the sight of blood and pain. They hate to see Henry have blood drawn or to see him have a shot.
Henry is a trooper. He doesn't cry when they draw blood or give shots or set his leg or do anything. He actually always looks like "is that all there is?" Case in point:
So instead of spending an adventure-filled weekend doing something, we will be relaxing chez Lenzen and going to some local festivals. The camping and national parks and fun small towns can wait for a little while.
share this on:: |
Digg |

