tuesday

Wednesday, May 18

I did a lot of jobs today that I admittedly would neglect or delegate to others if I worked full or even part-time.  In a mad search for the printer cables (they were in a crazy cable nest in the basement) to scan and send out documents, I whacked myself in the eye with the prong of the cord and now have a bloody eye.

EWWW.

This "fun" day did continue.  There was a brief intermission when Thomas was trying desperately to tie his shoes and kissed me on the way out the door to school and I felt so gratified.  I'm of the belief that if your sons are not afraid to kiss you in public in front of their friends, everything is ok.

  Henry loves/ abuses his brothers so he follows them around/ bites them.  Parker worked on his puzzle at the dining room table until I had to make dinner and naturally went to help Henry.  I love how I don't even have to ask any longer.  He just does it out of his love for Henry.  Meanwhile, Thomas was tryingto learn to tie his shoes.

Tying his shoes has been a goal since the beginning of kindergarten.  Considering he can multiply into the thousands and spells words like "elephant" and is six, well, tying his shoes shouldn't be so hard.  Not so- he got really mad.  At me.  I showed him several times and just asked him to practice until he got it.

He's still not there. 
Parker asked me tonight when he can learn how to surf.  He already is a fantastic snowboarder (after two lessons) and loves skateboarding.  I am excited to show him all of the movies on Netflix that I've been watching during spinning classes, especially 180 South.  He is definitely going to be my fearless, snowboarding/ mountain climbing/ surfing boy.  We told him we'll go to California next year and teach him how to surf and maybe I will be doing the same.  Hopefully surfing will go better than snowboarding.  Parker wearing his action hero shirt.





share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 18. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply