thinking of doing a 365 day photo project

Wednesday, March 2

SO... I've been thinking about this project for awhile, specifically the whole idea of luck versus fate and the process of using an object to make that wish because of or despite your reality.  Does that make any sense at all?  I think as a culture we invest much in the idea that you can flip a coin, blow an eyelash away, make wishes while blowing out birthday candles... I always want to know the secret of the person making the wish. Wishes, in my mind, are cruelly intermingled with fate.  My plan- a photo of the wish or of the process of making the wish and the reality or thing wished for... I think its open-ended enough to produce ideas for at least a few weeks.

Long story short, I'm not a philosopher, but I do think it will make an interesting photo project.  However,  where is the fire to undertake a photography project?  There is no fire.  I have three kids and two pets and a husband and a move is in place.  I also need to start exercising again.  However, I think a daily commitment to creatively is a necessary goal.  I've never done a dedicated photography project either.  Isn't this where most photographers start?  Ok, so I started a little of it last year, but by posting this on my blog, I am making a specific plan to start the project mid-March.   Also, I realize I am probably the only person reading this blog which should make starting really, really easy.

I also have to state before seeing the image below, I struggled with this idea.  I do think this project is necessary and hopefully the eloquence I lack in language will come through in my photographs.

  \

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

5 Comments »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 2. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

5 Responses to “thinking of doing a 365 day photo project”

  1. You've got at least one reader! Great idea. I look forward to seeing what you end up doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jason! I was terrified about posting photos of my son.... but I think this idea filters into much of what I end up contemplating at the end of the day... Thank you for the comment! First ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great mom and photographer. You and your kids will greatly appreciate being able to look back at your 365. Good Luck and I am excited to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, Nicole! I can't wait to follow your 365 photo project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lisa! Such a compliment to be called brilliant by you for any reason. A daily project is a challenge!

    ReplyDelete