
It is funny how the very idea of not changing another poopy diaper has me dancing around the house. I'm getting WAY ahead of myself, but this morning, after dropping off the boys at school, I came home with Henry and put him on his potty while he watched Sesame Street. Within one minute, he pushed his penis down and went PEE!!! He was smiling, happy, knew he had done something well. I gave him half a bag of M&Ms for his achievement. I also danced around and kissed and hugged him. A few minutes later, he looked at me, smiled and then got that look on his face that generally means he is going to hide behind a chair to go poop. After a few minutes, I checked and there was a giant POOP!!! I don't think I've been this happy for a long time. I know I'm grossing out non-parents here but really potty training should be celebrated like a birthday or any other joyous occasion. Considering it is the day before Henry's actual birthday, it should be easy to remember the first day Henry used the potty without tears.
Also a link to the video that nearly made Henry fall off the potty yesterday because he was laughing so hard.
share this on:: |
Digg |
