New friends

Tuesday, August 16

After sending out my message to parent-to-parent over two (or was it three?) months ago, I finally met my first family for a photo session this evening.  I have to say it was partly my fault (visits from family, camping, tiredness) and partly the fault of Colorado weather in the evenings.  Monsoon season ended about  a week ago and right now I am writing odes to Colorado evenings in August.  They are absolutely amazing.

Amazing.

My previous unpublished post will be posted here:


"Summer evenings are my favorite absolute and best...

Here is why:
crickets chirping
warmth and a gentle breeze
the light with long shadows and golden glow
a pace when you walk that doesn't have to be about exercise but more about thinking and relaxing and the moment
clouds that form shapes that inspire you to make up stories or for your children to do so
a playground that is neither too hot or too cold but just right
sounds of children playing
staying up way too late (ahem... Mrs. Lenzen) and enjoying the night air
sitting by a fire

I would have called this post "Ode to a Summer's Day" but in all honesty, I have to google "ode" because I can't remember what rules I need to follow."

Ah, summer.  Right now, it's just perfect and I don't think any place has a more perfect summer than Colorado.

Ok... so I digress....  the family I met this evening for photos live next to Stapleton.  It was so fun to photograph a family in a new place, but of course, there are always lessons...  I hope to contact all of these families who have contacted me regarding sessions with their children, but if we have discussed a session via parent-to-parent in CO, please contact me again.  Or I will contact you...

Here is a preview from this evening.





share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 16. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply