I love four. Four means potty training. For the last week, I have not had to clean a single poopy diaper. I will miss my babies but not their poopy diapers. As I write this, Henry is watching his upteenth hour of television this week and sitting on his potty chair. From what my mother reports, I did the same thing and I sort of turned out.
Also, four has brought a lot of language and attempts at language. After school, we went to the book fair and Parker brought me "The Interrupting Chicken" as it was supposedly Henry's favorite book (one my mother read to them while she was here). We bought the book and a few others. This evening Parker read the book to Henry and he laughed hysterically and looked for my response. I asked Henry to sign "thank you" to Parker for reading to him and helping him pick out the book. He responded right away with the sign for thank you. I then said, "Give your brother a hug and a kiss" and he did that too.
Henry started school last week on his birthday. He absolutely adores it. He and a little girl who are deaf are already good friends. Today the teachers told me Henry was dancing. He goes into the classroom and plays with all the kids. One of his teachers remarked about how amazing the difference is between Henry two months ago and the 4-yr-old Henry of this week.
Not to mention his incredible sense of humor (again). Yesterday, Henry pretended to kiss me then looked back at Peter like "Did you see me kissing 'your girl' (Pete's name for me)?" He did this several times.
I feel like sometimes this blog is a prayer that goes "its ok, its ok, its ok". I tell myself this because today is the day we fly to Utah for Henry's appointment at Shriners. I think its the portion of over thinking this reality. If I take every day step-by-little-step, I am in awe and thankful for every new thing. If I instead think "I am going to Utah and doing something most people do not have to do with their children", I am terrified.
I would love, of course, for a doctor to tell us that Henry has a disorder that is treatable, but I am partly hoping we just get a different diagnosis than cerebral palsy. As we are sadly discovering, some diagnoses open doors whereas others limit the amount of treatment that is allowed through insurance. At the present, our insurance company will not pay for private speech therapy. I am trying to figure out a scenario where we can have him treated privately without a huge cost. I am hoping to get Henry into hippotherapy as his Physical Therapy and hoping this will be allowed.
Heading to Utah in a few hours with hope that this is the beginning of getting answers...
share this on:: |
Digg |


