evaluation

Monday, June 6

Can I just say again I am not a fan of evaluations?  I know I must have said this more times than necessary in this blog, but I do not like them.  I'm usually rejoicing about the little gains Henry has made like pulling the cap off of a marker and attempting to follow a direction like drawing a line or a circle or putting small objects in a jar and I try not to watch as the person doing the evaluation puts little marks on the paper to judge where Henry falls based on comparisons to his peers.  I do also know that at the end the evaluator will say, "Henry obviously qualifies for services".  It is frustrating.  Its equally frustrating because although he qualifies for services we might not be able to get him in for OT or Speech for another 4-6 months.

And the bitch session is over.  Well, almost over.

Like I said in an earlier post, bringing Henry's brothers to any appointment is hellish.  Thursday morning last week was the morning Parker lost his mind because its summer vacation and I was brining him to another appointment.  Its crazy when I'm trying to coral the older kids and so is the other adult in the room and neither of us are succeeding.  I did pull the kids into another room halfway through the evaluation so they would no longer disturb Henry, and Parker commanded, "Apologize to me.  When you're angry because I'm naughty it makes me cranky.  You're always cranky too."  I don't think I've been that angry in a long time.

So I went directly to the club, checked the kids into child care and got a haircut.   First haircut in possibly four months.




This is in contrast to today when Parker has been saying such things as,  "I wish we could find lightening bugs tonight", "Let's go camping so we can lay out under the stars", "I understand that sometimes things don't work out"....  it goes on...   He also picked flowers for me in the front yard.


Also this weekend, Henry started putting his hand in his diaper after every poop and/or taking the diaper off and smearing poop.  This has caused major freak-outs by Peter and myself.  The poop-up-the-back is one thing but the poop all over hands, tummy, legs, feet, near the face is quite a different thing.  We know now that Henry hates having a poopy diaper and are thinking about starting potty training.  Photos of Henry in the bath after the last poop explosion:


Posting has become sporadic because I started a workshop last week, but I am excited to finally start taking photos for other families starting this week.    Because of the workshop, I've also started to update my website. It definitely needed updating (like my hair).  More to come...


"

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Monday, June 6. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply