day eight/ what would you do if it were you?
There are a ton of issues outstanding (as usual), but the fact that Henry is in preschool another year has put one very important issue to bed. The next one to face is whether to proceed with six different genetic tests in the coming month.
His geneticist would like to test Henry for Angelman-like syndromes, most specifically Mowatt Wilson. He will also have blood drawn for five other tests which would map at least three genes and test his biochemical makeup in a few others.
I have to say that after this conversation with the geneticist I was prepared to do all of this testing. Then I received notification that we still need to satisfy our out-of-pocket maximum for the year of $1500. I know it is not a horrible amount but I'm trying to figure out if I just go ahead and contact UCLA where I know the genome sequencing is coming down in price or if I proceed with Children's.
The other issue at hand is whether we will qualify for Medicaid in July. I think there might be something wrong with me because the qualifications for the Medicaid buy-in program all seem like jibberish to me. However, I think there is a possibility we will qualify with Henry's medical needs.
So instead of facing all of these important decisions with more phone calling and investigation, I have been ignoring what I need to do completely and pinning pretty pictures to Pinterest and going on Facebook way too much. On the plus side, I've run at least 3 miles every day this week. I also spent time out at lunch today with a good friend and all of this makes the prospect of dealing with these issues a little less cumbersome.

share this on:: |
Digg |


