Tuesday, August 21

day twenty-five/ Full Circle

I think if you really pay attention, there are events that occur that are more than the simple circumstance.  It is almost as if the universe would like you to please pay attention.

When I started this blog, I believe my very first post (without looking at it) involved the hard drive on my computer dying.  I am guessing there might have been a mention of Henry have abscessed teeth (the two front ones).   I know when all of this was occurring I was not having a great time.  It was difficult to deal especially with Henry's health issues (as minor as they seem now).

I've been thinking about stopping my blog because, let's face it,  I haven't been at all diligent in updating the posts.  There is nothing like backsliding from a commitment of a once a day blog post to once-every-three-months.

So, Henry went to the dentist two months ago for a routine cleaning and we were told that he has four cavities in his molars that needed to be filled.  Our dentist referred us to Children's Hospital since we are waiting on the Medicaid Buy-in Program.  I did call Children's and the waitlist for the first consultation was scheduled out until October.  I was told to call back every Monday, Wednesday and Friday after 1 pm to find out about cancellations.

Yesterday, I called the clinic to find out if anyone had cancelled and there was an opening at 9:30 today.  Also, yesterday, I was experiencing some major difficulties with my MacBook Pro.  It came to the point that the trackpad/ mouse would not allow me to select anything.  I brought the computer into the Apple Store accompanied by all three children.  After an hour and a half of diagnostic tests, I was told that it was very likely my hard drive had failed.  It failed for the second time in one year.

So, when we actually went to the dentist at Children's Hospital, I found out Henry doesn't have 4 cavities.  He has 9.  The dentist told me he needs silver caps on all 8 of his molars and for some reason, this disabled me.  I was devastated.  I felt that I had failed him on so many levels.  I still do.

On the drive home, I remembered that this is how I started writing about my experience with Henry, with a broken computer and problems with teeth.  It's like a bad dream.


I don't know what this message is (from wherever).  I do know that I am very excited for Henry's last year of preschool because I met all of his preschool team on Monday and they are just all wonderful people.  He starts tomorrow and for this, I am so thankful.   I was also very thankful to send Parker and Thomas to school today (first day of school!)


share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 21. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply