I love Children's Hospital Colorado. The neurology department knows me by name and doesn't have to ask for Henry's birthdate when I call in and whenever they get results, I'm notified within an hour. That's good, right? I mean I could look at the other side of it all but I'm choosing not to do so because we received news that Henry does not have Friedrich's Ataxia or rather the test is 95% reliable so there is still a 5% chance, but for the time being... Now the neurology department will send in a request for testing to begin on the other two forms of ataxia not yet examined and we will know in two months. This will all be free since we have fulfilled all of our out-of-pocket maximums. Happy New Year!!!
I mean this wholeheartedly.
Also, is there a word that describes the delight you feel that your children are finally maturing while simultaneously mourning the fact they no longer mispronounce words or put on impromptu plays or cry whenever you take them out on errands? I know its weird, but is there a word for this emotion? This ennui? I mean really because the things I thought I would never miss I do, terribly. Bittersweet doesn't quite cover it.
Today Parker brought home his "Where I'm From" project from school. He wrote the "where I'm from" portion and then there is a silhouette of him. This year, Parker has a teacher who understands and adores him entirely which makes my heart happy..
Where I'm From by Parker Lenzen
I'm from Minnesota to Colorado
sound of a loud upstairs to a
quiet downstairs and the look of the
mountains that touch the sky
and the smell of my great, big room.
I'm from my silly little brothers
to my crazy dog and my thoughtful
mom and dad to my my mom who loves
to take pictures and my dad who
works for a satellite (company).
I am from eating tacos and mac-n-cheese
to pasta with red sauce
to my mom's delicious zucchini bread.
my family where I'm from.
share this on:: |
Digg |

Nicole--I am so behind the times that I did not realize that you had a blog until today when I spotted it on Facebook!! It is wonderful to see your updates and you are a great and thoughtful writer (and mom)! Jen A.
ReplyDeleteJen- I'm so horrible at checking comments but I am so grateful you commented here. I was always grateful for the help you offered when we lived in Minnesota. Thank you for thinking such nice things about me. XO.
Delete