day twenty-seven/
The process of buying Halloween costumes this year has been longer than necessary. I wouldn't have thought that trying to find a Captain America costume in size large would be a daily activity, and really it should not be because I could have very easily bought it on Amazon instead of spending two weeks everyday stopping by every Halloween store in the vicinity. It was not a very good use of my time.
Henry wanted to be Captain America but then Parker decided he looks more like him than Henry. Henry thankfully found the Max wolf suit in a Pottery Barn catalogue, so I went to the store to pick it up and I have to admit buying it was a selfish move on my part. I adore this costume.
Henry has some really hard weeks ahead. Tonight we are at Children's Hospital for an overnight EEG. We will stay here until sometime tomorrow afternoon. On Monday, he will return to Children's hospital to have anesthesia in order to have nine cavities filled and a root canal done. We also need to have him fitted for glasses which he will receive in a week.
Considering all of this is taking place, I just wanted to do something for him and I to celebrate the fact he is still a little boy. Most little boys wouldn't place having a photo shoot first on their list, so again it was more for me. However, he did enjoy himself.
share this on:: |
Digg |
















Nicole,
ReplyDeleteHello! It's Amy (Tucker's mom from SLP Creative Play). I love to read your blog and see you're gorgeous pictures. I want you to know what an impression you've made on me even though we don't know each other well. I think you're an AMAZING mom. You don't know this yet, but my youngest son has special needs. We both also have the best luck ever of having three boys. Sometimes I read your blog just to see how you navigated, felt and managed. I remember so clearly seeing you and Henry at Sundee's jewelry party and asking you "How old is he?". I didn't realize how painful that question is and I want to say I'm sorry!! People say that to me now about Oliver. It's like they just don't know what to say when they really mean they notice "delays" and they really just want to know what's up and how you both are dealing. Does that make sense? I remind myself of that often when I am out with him and people look or ask questions. I meant only kindness and hope that they do too. All my best to you and yours, and thank you for sharing your story. It matters. Amy
Amy-
ReplyDeleteOf course, I remember you! I think planning a playdate with Tucker was all Parker talked about for 4 months when he was in the same class in preschool. First of all, thank you sincerely for reading what I have to say and also for such kind compliments. I pour myself into this blog and into taking pictures and I feel both are evolving over time. Thank you for thinking I am an amazing mom. I'm trying my hardest to be the mom I need to be.
I am so sorry to hear about your struggles and about Oliver. Do you have a definite diagnosis for him? I hope you know (I'm sure you do) that you live in one of the most amazing communities for assisting children with special needs. Henry was identified at 10 months by the district and he has received services since then. The young twos program through ECSE is amazing and the therapists are likewise so patient and talented. I was really sad when we had to leave all of those fantastic people.
As a parent, I think the internalizing of all of it was too much so I started writing the blog. Sometimes talking about it is too much so the process of writing is better. I hope you have your outlet- I know how hard it is.
Don't worry about asking how old Henry was... I agree, the people in your life do the best they can to understand you and your struggles. Lately I've been thinking about how truly blessed we are to have Henry in our life and how his struggle truly could be worse, but honestly it took such a long time to get here.
I'm thinking about you and wish you and your family all the best. I really appreciate you reaching out to me.
Nicole
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete