day twenty/ vacation in Minnesota
Our yearly vacation to Minnesota is always such a nice break from the normal. We visit our old friends but always somehow miss people we would like to see. The boys went to the park program (across the street from our old house) that they attended every year (once they turned four) and saw a lot of old friends. They spent many afternoons with their best friends, Danny and Thomas, playing superhero and doctor dodgeball and pirate and ninjas (they made up this game). They jumped off the dock at grandma and grandpa's on Lake Minnetonka every day and went fishing and went to the beach to build sandcastles and spent time playing tennis and basketball and went frog hunting in the mornings and had Punch pizza over 7 times during our stay (Thomas had McDonalds). Grandma did plenty of spoiling and poor Grandpa was laid up with a double bunion/ toe surgery. They were kind to have us at their home for as long they did.
I took advantage of this time with the grandparents to do a few photo sessions and see some old friends (again not as many as I would have liked to see and the time was too short). I spent some nice time with Catherine and Mary and Dan and realized how much I miss Minnesota, especially in the summer.
Andy and Monica and their kids drove up from Florida and we spent three days with them, the kids playing and swimming and spending time together. The dynamic changes every year. However as the one who always sleeps later than everyone else, I can say for a fact six children in one house sounds like a herd of elephants.
On the fourth of July, Andy set off fireworks in the lot next to Don and Carol's. The goggles and gloves might have been unnecessary but my kids loved the show. The highlight this year was watching fireworks over the lake from Peter's old bedroom. The boys, Peter and I were all piled in his old bed with a perfect view of the display. Parker fell asleep halfway through and Thomas was crouched at the foot of the bed, naming all of the fireworks. Henry was behind Thomas with his hands on his back. He was giving him a gentle massage and watching intently. From the room next to ours, we could Andy and Monica and their kids watching the fireworks as well. I think it might have been my favorite fireworks show ever.
There are photos to follow. I'm currently editing six sessions plus a wedding. I've been told (by my husband) I am not allowed to touch my personal images until this is all done.
I'm not very obedient.
share this on:: |
Digg |



